Wednesday, July 9, 2008

my dad's dad was the sh*t. once upon a time.

the dreams are all but gone for now, but i do still miss my grandfather. it is a weird feeling, i'll admit, being that the relationship i had with him was pretty much non-existent. most, if not all, of my memories were of when i was younger than 16. when i had to visit with my dad and i didn't have a car or better things to do. i think it's the remorse. i think it's the guilt. i wonder what it would be like to see him one more day, not the way that i saw him in the nursing home, but the way that i remember him. like when i was 4 and he brought me a huge stuffed bugs bunny with the wire in the ears. i thought he was the shit then. he was walking home (he didn't live far from our house) and i remember chasing him down the block to thank him a million times over. that man could do no wrong at that point - well, to be fair, he never did wrong by me. that'd be nice, to spend some time with him again.

stay safe sam. we all miss you.
(i wanted to post a picture, i need to find the disc. i'm a bastard)


edit: i found the disk. picture above.


No comments: